Thursday, May 29, 2003

I make an awful confession here. I bait fished all day today. I caught over 40 trout, all on power bait and corn! It was horrible! To make matters worse, the guide made all kinds of jokes about fly fishermen all day long. Not exactly my preferred method of trout fishing. When in Rome.......

I got many silent chuckles today. According to the guides, Northern Arkansas is the "poah paht o' the state." It appears that the first thing neglected by poor folk is their teeth! Lots of gaps and weird colors in these here smiles.

I missed my family all day today. Fishing with my boys is a lot more fun than fishing with these guys....in fact, there's no comparison. I miss my sweetheart's smile and laugh. We saw some beautiful country, but it's not the mountain West. But, I took Cristie's suggestion; I got a good laugh when Fred got a speeding ticket right in front of me.

I was sorry to read about George being so alone. I'm hoping (and praying) that he finds peace and comfort from the true source of peace.

I love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment