Tuesday, November 18, 2003

Dear Hearts:

I am feeling much better today. For whatever reason my head is swoony and heavy but Jer is the doctor and I'm sure I'll be feeling much better soon.

There's no place like home!

Yes I had an amazing experience in Africa. Yes I'm glad I went. But, even though it is cold and gray and the world appears to be in shades of gray...I am sooo happy to be home. Dear Lois, thank you for sending all of the medicine in anticipation of any illness that could arise. It wasn't until I got home that I needed to take something for the nausea, but was I ever thankful to have it. I thought alot of you on this trip knowing that you would love seeing and experiencing such a beautiful place. The people were so interesting, black, difficult to understand, kind, helpful, a little spooky only because we were the minority,...it's very hard to....well, picture this. It's Sunday and there are brightly colored umbrellas, every pattern that you could imagine, shading an African walker on their way to somewhere. It was a sight. Only one of many images that I hope to remember for the rest of my days.

Ed got accepted to BYU! What an example of goal setting and hard work!

Anyway, my love to you dear ones. I am so thankful to be home surrounded with meaningful work and responsibility. I love my man even more today than yesterday.
Sam and now Ed have treated us to two very amazing places in the world. You were both the very best guides and traveling companions and I will always treasure the bonds that I was able to solidify with your sweet wives. Life is very good to us. As you can tell I am feeling very thankful today.

Mary, good luck with the beau. Keep your eyes wide open:) It is good to hear that you are having fun and a reason to get all cutied up.

"As with all commandments, gratitude is a description of a succesful mode of living. The thankful heart opens our eyes to a multitude of blessings that continually surround us."--Elder James E. Faust

I am thankful for you. mom

No comments:

Post a Comment