Monday, August 09, 2004

New Address:

Elder David Clark Carter
Canada Toronto West Mission
197 County Court Blvd. #203
Brampton, Ontario L6W 4P6

postage may be extra

Dear Family: 8-4-04

Dad, I just got your letter. I really enjoyed what you had to say. I'm outta here on the 11th, and I'm getting laid over in Chicago at O'Hare, so maybe I could rendevous with Katie. That would be fun.

Boy, what would I give to be playing poker!! That practically killed me when I read that! I forgot all about poker! No better feeling than taking one on a bluff. And I'd forgot all about it. So thanks dad! Dad, I doubt you"ll get called to the Quorum of the Twelve, but the 70 is a real possibility! How would that be! I read Alma 26 today after I got your letter. That's an awesome chapter. I love before it, when Ammon converts king Lamoni. Ammons willingness to serve really sticks out to me in that one. There is much to be learned from that.

So what's happening in the outside world? Iraq? Bush? Politics? Forest Fires? It was all smokey down here one morning; I didn't hear a thing. Terrorists could invade Salt Lake, and they wouldn't tell us about it.

The bathrooms here continue to disgust me. I decided to shower tonight to avoid all the disgusting people you see in the morning (for I lilke to start my day on a positive note, as you probably know) so I turned on the water, and to my surprise, thousands of tiny little mites, flies, fleas, bugs, whatever you call em, come pouring out of the drain! No joke, thousands! And we all know what kind of stuff goes into those drains. It's a shower for petes-sake! So that thoroughly grossed me out!

Nothing really new here. I wish I had some ritalin. I can't focus for the life of me. So I'm having minor struggles with picking up some of the stuff. And I'm not sleeping well either. I know this ain't nothing to what lies ahead.

I had to pay for a seventy-five dollar shot today! What a rip! And it wasn't from Merck. It was from Smith Klien or whatever. I was telling the lady that you were a Merck dude and I wouldn't support the other guy. She thought it was funny, But dad, if you could get them to buy your drug (it was for Hep) you would make bank. She said they give 10,000 shots down here a month or something. BANK! So look into that.

I tell you, the other day I was thinking how long two years is. It's forever! I got a letter from Brad. It made me good and homesick for awhile. It'll get worse too. So I'm, scared for the future.

Tell me how everything is going down there. What's Joe up to, what's going on? How is Lar Lar? I wanna hear. I love you guys so much. More than I ever knew.

Love, Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment