Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Well, I ran over a cat yesterday. I was driving Eddie to school. It just darted right out in front of me. Thump, thump went the minivan. I got out and looked under the van. Amazingly it was still alive. It hurriedly wobbled under the fence and into it's backyard.

I knocked on the door. A woman answered, and I told her "I hit your cat". asked me for my number so that she could send me the vet bill. I was incredulous and said so. "How am I responsible? I wasn't speeding, I wasn't doing anything wrong". "What, I am supposed to teach my cat manners" she exclaimed? Again, I was incredulous. "Lady, I'm not responible for YOUR cat!" She rebutted, "that is what your insurance is for... that is what my insurance is for too, but you can't expect me to pay for this". Then I dared her. "Okay, fine Lady(I really think I called her Lady). That's my house down there. Call the police, send me the bill. No one is going to buy it, because it's absolutely ridiculous! If I'm supposed to be responsible for all the animals on this street, whether I know they exist or not, then I get to say whether they can be outside or not". Of course she heard very little of this because she shut the door on my face saying that we shouldn't be arguing in front of her daughter. That was the start of my day....

Did anyone watch the VP debates last night? I'd be interested in hearing what y'all think. It seemed that they spent a lot of the time calling eachother a liar (in politically correct jargon, of course).

According what I heard on NPR this morning, they both were liars. Okay, maybe not straight out liars. But they muddled the facts, (or were confused about the facts) or gave misleading information most of the time.

Cheney seemed a little too comfortable sitting there. He passed up quite a few opportunities for rebuttle, which may have worked for him, I don't know. And Edwards, in my opinion, was less than impressive. It's a good idea to back up and fully support your presidential nominee, but come on. At least pretend that some of these opinions are built on your own convictions. One of these guys could become acting president in case the worst should happen..

OH, and for all you Utahns out there, consdier voting for Paul Van Dam for Senate!!! (Sam is groaning right now). Bob Bennett has a huge campaign budget (2.1 million spent on cutesy billboards), but no campaign or agenda. Don't let him win just because you see his name out there. Check out his website (and Van Dam's). He literally has NO PLANS. He thinks it's a free ride. This is a guy that votes for stuff in Washington. Vote for someone who acts like they care what you think, and would take their job and vote a little more seriously.

Just my humble opinion. (And you know I always have one).
Okay, I'm finally done now.

No comments:

Post a Comment