Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Thanks for the kind reviews regarding the new format. I thought the previous one was OK but Cristie hated it, which necessitated a hasty change. Actually, I wish I hadn't changed from the original. I can't find it in the available templates anymore!

We talked to Dave on the phone briefly on Sunday. He called to set up the time for the semi-annual call on Christmas Day. He sounds great. After we told him so, he said "well, I'm happy." It's a blessing to have a missionary serving and a huge blessing to hear he's happy.

My mother arrives for Christmas tomorrow. I t will be nice to have her; I'm sure she'll love being here for the family Christmas party Thursday night. She will have many, many stories to tell (re-tell).

It's cooled off here, but of course is nothing compared to what Katie, Danny, Nate, and Dave are experiencing. I like the cold weather. Increases my gratitude for shelter and a warm bed, not to mention the warmth a nice fire carries to my soul. A time to contemplate the experiences of the last year, a time to slow down a bit in Thanksgiving and in good will to all men. If it weren't for that confounded war.....

No comments:

Post a Comment