Thursday, June 26, 2003

My quick trip to Los Angeles was nice. Got some work done, enjoyed the sunny, mild weather (June Gloom was gone), and really enjoyed being with my family. I got my Mother and Mary's computer installed and running. Now we'll see what they do with it. I understand some of you have already started receiving e-mail, which is a positive sign. My mothers address is "LoieatDelMar@aol.com." Mary's is "Crittersaver03@aol.com." I'm sure they'd both love to hear from you.

My mother looks good and says she is feeling better every day. I'm so happy the surgery went well. I hope her energy will be at a reasonable level by the time we get to Carp.

My Dad is about the same. When I got to the nursing home, he was in a room with about 50 other old folks listening to a guy play the piano and sing. Before I walked in, I stood and watched him for awhile. I thought that to the workers there, and anyone else who might be passing by, he looks like just one of the other old men, but I was looking at my father. He didn't seem to be enjoying the music. Just looking down, and occasionally rocking in his wheelchair.

Val, I'm thrilled that you and Ed will be joining us at Carp. I'll make sure and bring the horshoe set. And yes, a Dodger game and maybe Magic Mountain are on the agenda!

No comments:

Post a Comment