Wednesday, September 10, 2003

Dear Family:

I just love reading about Eddie and Isaac! It really takes me back to a time in my life that I loved and don't have to miss quite so much because of these darling grandchildren.

Here in Utah we are loving the mist, rain, cooler temps and darker house. I have a candle that gives off spicy autumn scents. The birds aren't quite so energetic today...I suppose they sense it a day to chill out and enjoy the beginning of a new season.

The Fair was a kick! We loved seeing bees in the hive, piglets chasing their mom around for another drink, huge pumpkins, succulent peaches, amazing watermelon, chickens with feathers on their feet, cows with the biggest brown eyes, goats that want a nibble of your clothes if you get too close, sheep with the longest, heaviest testicles that I have ever seen,...not to mention the handicrafts of children and parents. Sis and I sat in on a Toll House bake-off competition. The fuss of the contestants, the lovely desserts, the seriousness of the judges; well, we just wish we had the job of tasting all of those goodies
The butter cow this year is fashioned after a nursery rhyme 'Hey, Diddle Diddle' I told the kids if they could figure out what the scene was supposed to represent I would give them $5. Well, between Joe and Jerry I think Joe was the winner. Lois, we saw Christina Gates sitting at one of the booths for people interested in gardening. She looks good and we had a nice visit. Of course the kids were baffled wondering who in the heck she was. There were some exotic cats at the fair and an old-fashioned organ grinder. The guy had a simple smile, tilted head with a Zorro hat and all that was missing was the monkey.

Dave is putting together a rodeo for his friends. He fancies himself to be a cowboy because he has been getting on the back of some Steer and holding on for dear life...not anything past 4 seconds yet. He complains of being stiff and wishes the guy who owns the animals wound not require him to wear a helmet...it kind of wrecks the image :)

Happy 10th to you all and don't forget to say your prayers. Always, mom

No comments:

Post a Comment