Monday, December 01, 2003

Perhaps the greatest charity comes when we are kind to each other, when we don't judge or categorize someone else, when we simply give each other the benefit of the doubt or remain quiet. Charity is accepting someone's differences, weaknesses, and shortcomings, having patience with someone who has let us down; or resisting the impulse to become offended when someone doesn't handle something the way we might have hoped. Charity is refusing to take advantage of another's weakness and being willing to forgive someone who has hurt us. Charity is expecting the best of each other. ---Elder Marvin J. Ashton

As we begin the hectic fun-filled month of December; I really liked Elder Ashton's reminder that the very best gift I have to offer is probably the one that is the very hardest to give. Luckily life gives us all ample opportunity to get better and better at offering this 'pure love of Christ.'

I am so thankful for my family. I love you and feel in awe of your goodness and desire and determination to improve and progress. We are moving in the right direction...I know because my joy is amazing and full. The Relief Society motto, "Charity Never Faileth" is as inspiring to me now as it was to those I have loved that have moved on. My prayer for us this December is that our faith will be increased and we will feel a deeper appreciation for our Father and His Son. Wear your seatbelts and say your prayers. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment