Friday, May 23, 2003

Dear Ones: Life here is keeping me on my toes. Laurel is off to see the Judge and I am hoping that she behaves herself while she is away from home. I'll tell you what, that girl is a lot of fun but I sure do lose a lot of sleep trying to figure out what to do next. If any of you have a good idea as to how to keep her busy 6-8 hours a day...we would love the suggestions. I am meeting her at the theatre in little while. Our pets are all healthy today and poor little Lizzie really freaked out yesterday. Once again she realizes just how much she loves her little bird.

The girls and I went out to see grandpa last night. He liked the visit and of course seems lonely. The rain-birds were soaking the lawn and the place looked lovely. As we were driving away, he was in his puffy coat ambling through the trees to turn off the water...it was dusk. The grave looks flat and it won't be long before the lawn has knit itself back together. I am so thankful that my mother is out of her misery. Never have I seen anyone suffer in such a gallant way. Many unforgetable images come to my mind of her in her hospital bed, her walking down the hospital corridors, her stopping in front of the drink machine so so thirsty, her looking out of the hospital window on those gray dreary days, her needing a blessing, quiet, a few ice chips. I still can see her wretching and feeling very helpless. Missing my mother is rescued somewhat knowing that she will never suffer like that again. For a woman that yelped and cried when she stubbed her toe...she was amazing to me.

Anyway, please pray for Laurel. She really needs all of the love and support we can send her way. My affection and respect to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment