Sunday, June 29, 2003

Ed I'm glad your lesson went well. It does not surprise me that some of the Saviors final words were in regards to the comforter, for I would surely be lost without it! I just had some news that I'm not thrilled about. They're taking yet another one of my favorite families from us. Kent Hart, you know his family Bub, was called to the Singles Ward. Kent was a counselor in our Bishopric AND our home teacher, plus his wife sang Alto with me in the choir! I'm EXTREMELY bummed! They just took another fantastic, fun, hilarious person from our choir last month! There are other wards for cryin' out loud!!! geez!!! How many people do they need over there anyway! .....I am seriously murmuring now. Speaking of, at our Stake Conference during the business,callings and such,when they went through the brethren in the presidency and asked that question,All in favor,All opposed...Well I just happeded to be sitting on the stand with the choir and was shocked to see this little Oriental man go stiff and shoot his little arm in the air! It kinda caused a pause in the whole thing too, but I thought the Stake Clerk recovered nicely by turning to the President saying, we have one opposed, and President Huckvale actually made a mark on something he was holding..I of course have never seen any thing like that so I was in shock and wanted very much to say out loud, DID YOU SEE THAT?!....BUT I didn't. Mother said she once opposed a change in the Ward boundaries but no one paid any attention to her...so that was the end of that!

I had a very nice visit with Laurel yesterday, we're both thankful for our freedom. She also expressed her difficulty in finding a job that did'nt need computer skills, I suggested a class like one that I'm considering and she thought that might be a more productive way to spend all of the free time she has right now. She sounded good.

I'm glad the Trekers are home safe but sorry to hear Dave wasn't feeling well. I didn't quite get the part on lizzies upset,whether it was "violet" or "violent" and how Ed could be mixed up in it either but I'm sure it all worked itself out anyway.

I'm lovin' all this for sure! Later, Mary



Just a short PS from me. Everyone here is getting excited about Carpenteria. Al was here checking on dates today. I wish that I was as computer litterte as he is. We still aren't hooked up to the other phone line. I 'll get some help with it from Dick this week. Nancy and family had a nice time at Del Mar. She was surprised at the changes in TJ. Love to all, Grama Loie

No comments:

Post a Comment