Tuesday, July 01, 2003

Happy Birhtday, Dave! Ed came over this morning shortly after 7 to take Dave to his new job at the auto auction. Cristie and I enjoyed seeing our boys go off to work together. I'm proud of my boys.

Eighteen years ago today was quite a day. Cristie and I had been at the hospital all night; Cristie having contractions and me helpless. After sunrise the doctor told us the baby was in stress and he was concerned. I went to call a rep to tell him I wouldn't be working with him that day and as I was coming back, the nurse met me in the hallway to tell me they needed to do an emergency c-section. Before I knew it, Cristie was being wheeled into the OR, and after they put her under they came and got me. I watched David come in to the world. They whisked him off to pediatric intensive care, which is where he stayed for the next several days.

The kids and I went to the park and watched fireworks on the 4th of July without Cristie and Dave.

A few weeks later, fireworks hit our house again in the form of a lightning bolt. Little baby Dave had been sleeping in the bedroom that was hit, but Cristie had taken him in to our bedroom just before lightning struck. It was a good thing. The room was damaged, and Dave could've been hurt.

It's hard for me to believe that was all 18 years ago. Dave's been a lot of fun and a barrel of laughs. Happy Birthday, Dave!

No comments:

Post a Comment